Friday, March 11, 2011

A Writers Journey


How I Became a Writer

When I was three years old, I loved going for car rides. That was the beginning of my writing journey. I taught myself how to read by reading the street signs. Yup, that’s right! I said them out loud. So when I was four, I could read all of the street signs in Victoria! My mom was very impressed with my reading skills. She knew I was going to be an author when I grew up. She just knew. My dad taught me my art and drawing skills. Every day, we drew together at the kitchen table. We played drawing games.

Later on, when I was six, I started writing. I wrote stories. I wrote stories about magic unicorns, and best friends. I also illustrated my stories. When I was seven, I read a book with six hundred pages in it! I was very far ahead of the other kids in my grade for reading and writing. By the time I was eight, I had written thirteen stories. None of them were good enough to make it to today.

Now, I am almost ten, and I have written thirty-six stories! They are all at least eight big pages long. I divide up my stories into volumes/groups. Vol. no 1 includes the books: Sophie & Me, I Alexis C. Jones, Abby’s World, Paige + Tia = BFFS, Paige’s New Friend, Tia’s Big Break, The Catastrophe, Soul Rider, Spirit, Bringing Home Cleo, Lilly’s Cat, and Jennie’s House. I hope you enjoyed this article. By: F

No comments:

Post a Comment